Select to view content in your preferred language

trouble shoot action failed - when a record is updated in a feature layer/Fetch updates, changes or deletions from feature layer

Jump to solution
09-13-2023 05:15 AM
SarahRijneke
Frequent Contributor

I've been struggling to get my flow working properly for a while now. I made some edits the other day and it seemed to be working but when I logged in this morning I see that my flow failed. I'm not exactly sure where or why especially since the results of my condition were true. 

SarahRijneke_0-1694607097793.png

I see all kinds of red under the the Apply to each actions. I have never changed the values in those fields so don't understand why it has suddenly stopped working. Any ideas?

SarahRijneke_1-1694607291770.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@ahargreaves_FW - Yes! This fix is currently under investigation. We are hoping to get to the bottom of this issue as quickly as possible. It's been a tricky one! Once we have an update, I will update this thread as well as make a new post on the main page. 

Thank you for your patience on this one!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ahargreaves_FW
Frequent Contributor

Here's my flow that is similar and works as expected.

ahargreaves_FW_0-1694608694305.png

can you show a screenshot of the 'raw input' for your condition? 

0 Kudos
SarahRijneke
Frequent Contributor

This is for one that should have failed (Status:3, Workorderid:null)

SarahRijneke_1-1694609304115.png

This one should have triggered an email (status:3, Workorderid: is not equal to null)

SarahRijneke_2-1694609434972.png

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

Hi @SarahRijneke - following up on this issue. Are you still experiencing this issue or did this get resolved? Please let me know! 

0 Kudos
SarahRijneke
Frequent Contributor

I am still experiencing this issue. I never get emails the first time the data is updated anymore (i.e. when the field worker changes the status to Completed). I saw 5 emails come through the other week when I bulk updated a field that was empty (8300+ records). When I query the table to match the conditions in my flow on the day that I updated the data I see that I should have received 227 emails.

SarahRijneke_1-1699622738866.png

SarahRijneke_3-1699622928959.png

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Frequent Contributor

Since the AGOL update on 10/25/23 we've experienced poor Power Automate performance with Triggers sometimes failing for reasons we can't pinpoint. Like @SarahRijneke we bulk update the FeatureService via a shared collaboration which should trigger emails but often doens't.

AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

Thank you for the updates @SarahRijneke and @ahargreaves_FW . My colleagues and I are investigating a number of issues related to fetching updates and triggers. We are unsure at the moment if this is being caused by something in Power Automate or in ArcGIS Online itself. 

I will keep this thread posted once I have a better understanding of the underlying issue. Thank you for your patience! 

ahargreaves_FW
Frequent Contributor

@AnthonyLatini you may want to update Esri Case #03479516 - ArcGIS Connectors for Power Automate behaving erratically with that update....

AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

Thank you for the case number @ahargreaves_FW . I will leave a note in there regarding this issue. 

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Frequent Contributor

@AnthonyLatini  is this issue in anyway related to the above?

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-for-power-automate-blog/update-11-16-2023-bug-000162586-errors-...

Is a fix on the Power Automate teams radar?

0 Kudos