Select to view content in your preferred language

Send an email when a record is updated - filtering what kind of record triggers this

07-19-2023 01:58 PM
Kim_Graham
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am new to Power Automate, so I apologize if this is very easy, but I couldn't find a reference. 

We have a feature layer that is being used within a Workforce application.  After the work is completed, there are actions another department needs to take on certain types of work (i.e, a meter replacement needs to be sent on while a meter check is done and does not require an email sent).  We would like to send an email to the department filtered by assignment type.  I have been trying to set the Trigger Conditions in the flow to filter for those assignment types, but haven't been able to get it to work.  Is this a possibility?  If so... could someone help me with the proper syntax to configure this.

Thank you for any advice you may have!

7 Replies
sxw_eaglegis
Esri Contributor

Hi Kim_Graham,

I think you would use the "When a record is updated in a feature layer" and then the "Fetch updates, changes, or deletions from feature layer" action on the assignments feature layer and then have a condition to check the assignment type e.g.

sxw_eaglegis_0-1690347047362.png

0 Kudos
SarahRijneke
Occasional Contributor

Can you explain how/what order you added the triggers to that flow? I am also looking to automate an email notification when an Assignments layer attribute is updated to Completed. When adding the triggers in your screen capture, dynamic content doesn't automatically pop-up for me when adding the Fetch updates, changes, or deletions from feature layer trigger.

SarahRijneke_0-1691174065314.png

0 Kudos
sxw_eaglegis
Esri Contributor

Hi SarahRijneke,

That looks like the ArcGIS connection being used is not right. If you click on the "..." is the ArcGIS connection being used the same for both the trigger and action?

e.g.

sxw_eaglegis_0-1691372660531.png

For me it's the second one down in both the trigger and action.

0 Kudos
SarahRijneke
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! I was able to select the correct connection from the drop down list. The flow isn't working though:

SarahRijneke_0-1691497752071.png

0 Kudos
sxw_eaglegis
Esri Contributor

Hi, looks like the feature layer ID and changes URL parameters need to be set e.g.

sxw_eaglegis_0-1691961650773.png

SarahRijneke
Occasional Contributor

Thanks - that worked! Any tips on blogs/tutorials to get up to speed with setting up ArcGIS flows? I was able to create a very similar flow using a Survey123 trigger without any issue but definitely would not have been able to figure this one out myself.

I'm seeing one more problem now that I can't seem to figure out. The condition that I have is set up the exact same way for another flow using Survey123 (both schemas are the same since they both use workforce assignment feature classes) and that one works no problem. This flow only seems to work once an edit is made AFTER the status field has been set to completed. i.e. when I change the status field from unassigned to completed in the Field Maps app I do not receive an email. When I delete the completed point from the feature layer, I receive an email. How do I get it to trigger when a field worker updates the status to completed?

0 Kudos
Kim_Graham
New Contributor III

Hi Sarah.... I keep trying to leave a reply but it posts and disappears....weird.  Anyway I was not able to get this to work when trying to filter based on a single attribute type.  There is a post from June called "Only retrieve updates from one field" that says this is not actually possible to do using the ArcGIS Connector.   

0 Kudos