Select to view content in your preferred language

Fetch Updates Error - Cannot read property 'headers' of undefined

11-17-2022 09:42 AM
GIS_Admin
New Contributor II

I am testing a workflow where I use the "When a record is deleted from a feature layer" trigger and then use the "Fetch updates, changes, or deletions from feature layer" action and receive the error: "Cannot read property 'headers' of undefined" when the Fetch action runs. 

Layer is a hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online and has the requisite track changes settings.

15 Replies
KevinMantels
New Contributor II

@GIS_Admin, I've been struggling with the same error message as well.  I've been troubleshooting for a week or two with attempts at various workarounds but no luck on my end either.

Just curious-- are you a government entity?  I'm only asking because we are, and I have found that the version of Power Automate that Microsoft makes available to government is different than the version for private industry.  This difference has occasionally seemed to cause issues with some of my integrations, and so I'm wondering if that could be contributing to this situation.  Until your post today, I was unaware of anyone else having the same issue, and multiple online searches have returned very few results that were relevant specifically to ArcGIS for Power Automate.

0 Kudos
GIS_Admin
New Contributor II

@KevinMantels I do work in government (City) and I am using the "gov" version of Power Automate. I have also noticed the differences between the "public" and "gov" Power Automate. For example, the templates Esri provides are only for the "public" and not found within the "gov" version. 

0 Kudos
SeanKMcGinnis
Esri Contributor

Hi @GIS_Admin & @KevinMantels - I will dig into the issue you are facing and see if I can figure out what might be causing it.

To expand on your conversation around the difference between the government tenants (GCC) and the generally available tenant - it takes longer for the products to be certified by Microsoft for them to be promoted into the GCC environments. That might be why you have seen them out of sync, but I do not believe that to be the case in this scenario.

-sean
Sean McGinnis - ArcGIS for Microsoft 365 Product Manager
0 Kudos
GIS_Admin
New Contributor II

Thanks @SeanKMcGinnis, it's a head scratcher. 

0 Kudos
DominicRoberge2
Occasional Contributor III

Hello

I started playing with the ArcGIS connector as well and kept getting the same error as listed in the original message. I was using a Hosted Feature Layer with a relationship class (was published from a FGDB).

Then I tested the same workflow with a HFL published from FGDB but no relationship and it worked.

Could it be the problem?

0 Kudos
GIS_Admin
New Contributor II

@DominicRoberge2 There were no relationships in the HFL I was trying to use. It was a HFL created entirely through ArcGIS Online. I was just trying to demo the workflow, haven't graduated to business data yet.

0 Kudos
KevinMantels
New Contributor II

I could be wrong, but don't all hosted feature layers created in ArcGIS Online have attachments enabled by default?  If that is true, then isn't the attachment layer treated as a relationship class?

Per suggestion from @DominicRoberge2 I will try testing on a hosted feature layer without attachments enabled and see if it makes a difference.

0 Kudos
GIS_Admin
New Contributor II

Just created a new HFL in AGOL and it didn't have attachments enabled by default. I attempted the same workflow as I originally posted and got the same error result. 

0 Kudos
KevinMantels
New Contributor II

Ok, good to know.  That throws my theory out the window.  I'll keep trying other things...

0 Kudos