Dynamic Content not available under ArcGIS Connector

Jump to solution
09-02-2022 07:08 AM
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Hey @SeanKMcGinnis 

Is the same dynamic content that's available through Survey123 not available yet via the ArcGIS Connector?

ahargreaves_FW_0-1662127858395.png

ahargreaves_FW_3-1662127700175.png

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ahargreaves_FW

Hey @SeanKMcGinnis I added an "Apply to Each' control but choosing either of 'body' or 'item' still doesn't allow me to get to the dynamic content 

ahargreaves_FW_0-1662135563479.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
SeanKMcGinnis
Esri Contributor

Thanks for sharing the full flow screenshot @ahargreaves_FW .

The email creation is happening outside of the 'Apply to each' iterator handling the webhook's results and does not know about the records dynamic content. If you move the email construction into the 'Apply to each' control working with the individual records, the dynamic content becomes available as it is in the scope of the records.

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 12.26.34 PM.png

-sean
Sean McGinnis - ArcGIS for Microsoft 365 Product Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SeanKMcGinnis
Esri Contributor

@ahargreaves_FW - because they are being initiated by different webhooks, the payload is different but both bring back the features attributes.

That being said, seeing the dynamic content that is available in the window, it could be one of two problems that you are encountering.

1. There isn't an action that fetches the webhook payload. That is why it is only showing the string variable representing the 'Changes URL' - check this blog post as a reference
  2. If you do have the action that gets the webhook's payload, I am wondering if you are constructing the email outside of the 'Apply to Each' control. When looking at your screenshot, it does not appear to be wrapped inside that control.

If neither of these are the case, let me know and we can set up some time to walk through it and try to determine what else might be causing it.

-sean
0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW

Hey @SeanKMcGinnis I added an "Apply to Each' control but choosing either of 'body' or 'item' still doesn't allow me to get to the dynamic content 

ahargreaves_FW_0-1662135563479.png

0 Kudos
SeanKMcGinnis
Esri Contributor

Thanks for sharing the full flow screenshot @ahargreaves_FW .

The email creation is happening outside of the 'Apply to each' iterator handling the webhook's results and does not know about the records dynamic content. If you move the email construction into the 'Apply to each' control working with the individual records, the dynamic content becomes available as it is in the scope of the records.

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 12.26.34 PM.png

-sean
0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW

@SeanKMcGinnis  thanks so much! After refreshing my connection  to AGOL and constructing the flow as you show above I could access the dynamic content. 

Appreciate your help,

Andrew

🐝

0 Kudos
SeanKMcGinnis
Esri Contributor

You are welcome @ahargreaves_FW, I am glad we were able to figure it out!

-sean
ahargreaves_FW

Although the 'fetch' action allows access to dynamic content it appears to fetch all changes including new features as well as edits to previously existing features. I've posted a new issue here.

0 Kudos