Select to view content in your preferred language

Add Record to Excel Sheet when a Field Changes to a Certain Value

04-10-2023 11:54 AM
AdamBakiera
Occasional Contributor

Hello. I am fairly new to Power Automate and its capabilities. I am trying to set up a flow where an Excel sheet in Sharepoint will update with a record when a field in a feature class is changed to a certain value. 'When a record is updated in a feature layer' seems to be the correct initial process. However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to correctly set up the trigger to where the flow only initiates when a certain field gets to a certain value.

Then I picked 'Add a row into a table' Excel tool. However, when I get to this portion, for some reason, the 'table' field shows no values. I have no issues navigating to the Excel sheet, but for whatever reason, that 'table' field will not populate. 

Does anyone have experience setting up a process like this? I looked on the Microsoft help site and there isn't a whole lot of beginner level information from what I could find.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SeanKMcGinnis
Esri Contributor

Good Day @AdamBakiera - it sounds like there are a couple of things that are going on here.

1. You only want the flow to run when a certain field has been updated - unfortunately there is no way to control which fields to look at for the webhook to fire. Currently, the feature service is only aware that the layer has been updated and the webhook short push the payload to the flow. 
  2. The spreadsheet is looking for a table to insert the row into. Within Excel, Microsoft has introduced the concept of tables. Here is the link to Microsoft's Overview of Excel Tables, it explains what they are, how to create them, and what the benefits are.

I hope this helps, but please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any additional questions.

-sean
Sean McGinnis - ArcGIS for Microsoft 365 Product Manager
MK13
by
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to retrieve the name of the field whose values were updated?

0 Kudos