Select to view content in your preferred language

Add "Send HTTP Request" operation to ArcGIS/ArcGIS Enterprise connectors

a month ago
SamuelWeissman
New Contributor II

I would like to be able to construct actions in a Power Automate flow that allowed me to hit different ArcGIS Online endpoints than the ones exposed as existing operations in the ArcGIS connector.  This would allow me to use the cached token in the ArcGIS connector to be able to create custom queries into other ArcGIS Online REST API endpoints.

For example, I would like to be able to set up an action to get the item info for a portal item from ArcGIS Online using the cached token in the ArcGIS connector.  Or I would like to be able to set up an action to change the sharing level of an item I own in ArcGIS Online.

My team at my agency includes a couple of ArcGIS Online administrators, and they already use SharePoint to manage some aspects of that administration through other ETL tools.  Allowing them to directly access the ArcGIS Online REST API for admin functions through Power Automate would increase their effectiveness with contacting users with issues and monitoring item activity.  One example of an administration workflow is that the administrators unshare items with the public if the item completeness score falls under a certain threshold.

Other connectors that Microsoft provides in Power Automate have operation that send HTTP requests (like Send an HTTP Request (Office 365 Users) and Send an HTTP Request to SharePoint (SharePoint)) that allows custom queries into the adjacent API endpoints for that connector that do not already have operations built for them.

I would also like this functionality to be added to the ArcGIS Enterprise connector in Power Automate.