Improvements to Arcgis Excel

11-17-2021 12:57 AM
JurgenRotteveel
New Contributor III

Hi,
I find Arcgis for Excel useful but there are two things that changed after the latest update.
The first option is to select features on the map and export the selected feature to a new Tab in the same Excel document. This function is gone since the latest update.
I also find it difficult to find the right coordinate system when adding data, it would be useful to make it easier to search for coordinate systems or to add favorites.
I hope this will be changed in a future update.

Best regards, Jurgen Rotteveel

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello @JurgenRotteveel 

We'll take a look at the export selection to a new tab, and see what needs to be done there. 

As for picking the coordinate system... I'm curious to know if you have a lot of different XY values you're typically working with, or if they're pretty standard? Can you describe more about this workflow from where the data comes from, so we can understand your needs more?

Thanks,

Andrew

JurgenRotteveel
New Contributor III

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the answer. I always use RD new as the coordinate system. When i try to search for RD New i couldn't find it in Arcgis for Excel by typing "RD New" in the list. When I type RD new nothing shows up (see the picture in the attachement).

I eventually found it when I filled in the EPSG code 28992. It would be easier if you just could type the name of the coordinate system.

I also thought of another improvement to arcgis for excel. I now cannot drag the mapscreen when i push in the scrollwheel like in ArcgisPro. Can moving the map with the scrollwheel be added to Arcgis for Excel?

Best regards,

Jurgen Rotteveel

0 Kudos