Editing the geoportal server catalog

Jump to solution
02-28-2021 04:24 PM
Labels (2)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to add another tab in the Metadata Editor. Basically, I am trying to add a tab somewhere here

NovicaJ_0-1614558300927.png

with two additional fields that will be saved. Can this be done?

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Marten
by
Occasional Contributor

The interrogation rule itself looks ok. However, if you also have the base ISO 19115 profile active AND if the interrogation rule for ISO 19115 is before your custom profile, the metadata may still be interpreted as ISO 19115. That is because the rule for ISO 19115 is:

{
      key: "iso-19115",
      requiredPath: "esri/dijit/metadata/types/iso/base/DataDocumentType",
      interrogationRules: [{
         path: "/gmd:MD_Metadata/gmd:identificationInfo/gmd:MD_DataIdentification",
         must: true
      }]
    },

And means your ISO-based metadata will still be recognized by this rule. You have two options:

• Move your custom profile to the top of the list of typeDefinitions. This way the rule for your custom profile will be evaluate before the base ISO 19115 rule. Geoportal evaluates the rules in order of the list.
  • Remove the base ISO 19115 profile ('iso-19115') from the list of allowedTypeKeys. This will remove it entirely from the editor.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That did the trick, moving the custom profile to the top of the list. Thank you kind sir!

0 Kudos
ArunPremachandran
New Contributor II

Hi Marten, 

I'm also going through the same situation. while saving the myprofile metadata I'm getting the following error. any help will be appreciated. ( I have added the console error as well )

0 Kudos