Select to view content in your preferred language

Sign in to Excel through Enterprise portal

12-30-2023 07:24 AM
Jennifer_Parmeley
Regular Contributor

The option to Sign In using our enterprise portal is not available in some instances.

Trying to work through the ArcGIS for Excel Basics training tutorial.
When I try and sign in I only get the options of ArcGIS login or ArcGIS org url. I want to use our ENT portal url.

standardsignin.png

standardsignin_org.png

In the past I was able to work around this (when we had the odd la.arcgis error), by opening an empty excel document, signing in to our ENT portal and then opening the data file I needed. 
Currently when I try this it pops up the standard ArcGIS log in (above). 

I am able to open an empty document and sign in through our ENT portal, but as soon as I try to open the training file it wants me to sign in using the windows above.

entportalsignin.png

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jennifer_Parmeley
Regular Contributor

Can you geocode a list of locations (I was experimenting with 10 at a time) using the credentials from an ArcGIS ENT deployment?

In our portal I have a custom role, but I'm allowed do do most things. I can create any type of application, create and share feature services (hosted and referenced), and manage groups. When I'm logged into our portal and I try to geocode I'm being prompted to sign into an ArcGIS Online org. 

0 Kudos
ShannonCardoza
Esri Contributor

Happy Friday @Jennifer_Parmeley thanks for reaching out again. You should be able to geocode in the Portal account with no issues. Are you asked to sign in once or does the sign-in option continue to pop up? Maybe restart, clear the cache, and try a fresh excel worksheet? Maybe 'something' is stuck somewhere in the workflow.

Shannon Cardoza
Product Engineer
0 Kudos