Geojson and ArcGIS for Excel

07-20-2023 03:39 AM
PRAJESHPJ
New Contributor

I have started recently working with Geojson file and ArcGIS for Excel. I am trying to import Geojson file as map layer in ArcGIS for excel using ESRI JSON Geometry but every time I face the error which says "Not valid json geometry". How can I import geometry layer in the JSON file or the ArcGIS for Excel sheet. The JSON file was created from a shapefile which has multi polygon features which co-ordinate. 

I would be much grateful If some can format my Geojson file that shall include geometry column so that If I load the file it is detected by ArcGIS for Excel.

The link to file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1balbtR9dXcCrier_zpTSKxIbSUtW_GXn/view?usp=drive_link

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShannonCardoza
Esri Contributor

Hello there! 

I'd suggest starting this workflow by reviewing our online documentation. 

To make custom boundaries available as reference layers in ArcGIS for Excel, upload the shapefiles (packaged in a .zip file) or GeoJSON files (.geojson or .json) to ArcGIS and publish them as hosted feature layers. Then share the layers.

To learn how to publish hosted feature layers in ArcGIS, see Publish a shapefile and Publish a GeoJSON file in the ArcGIS Online help.

Once you've attempted the recommended workflow, please reply here and let me know which step you may be getting stuck on. 

Here is an additional resource from our ArcGIS Online documentation that really provides a nice overview.

All the best, 

Shannon Cardoza
Product Engineer