Select to view content in your preferred language

Data from ArcGIS Portal Not Loading in Excel

03-27-2024 10:51 AM
PatrickMcKinney99
Occasional Contributor

I have signed-in to ArcGIS for Excel using my ArcGIS Enterprise account.  I am able to see layers that can be added to the map in Excel.  However, whenever I click to add one, the layer does not load.  The add icon (circle with plus) just keeps spinning (see attachment).

I am able to add data when signed into ArcGIS Online.  We have configured allowed origins, trusted servers, and other security settings in Portal Admin and ArcGIS Server Admin, according to Esri's best practices.

I wasn't sure if this issue is because we need to add a security setting to allow Maps for Excel to access the data?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShannonCardoza
Esri Contributor

Thank you @PatrickMcKinney99  for sharing. Let me complete some research and initial testing. I will reply here. Stay tuned!

Best,

SC

Shannon Cardoza
Product Engineer
0 Kudos
HARTerra
New Contributor II

Was there ever a solution or resolution to this problem?  I am having the exact same issue.

0 Kudos
ShannonCardoza
Esri Contributor

@HARTerra Hey there! I believe there was. Let me dig around and find out. Stay tuned...

Shannon Cardoza
Product Engineer
0 Kudos
johnjcarter
New Contributor II

I'm also getting this Failed to fetch error. The coordinate system is a projected national system (2193 NZTM), however, that should not be a problem, as I am able to choose an NZTM basemap. The layers are properly shared and feature services. I tested adding ArcGIS online layers through the same connecting and they work. I tried with both layers with and without attachments enabled.

0 Kudos
ShannonCardoza
Esri Contributor

@johnjcarter Good morning, 

If memory serves me correctly, this original issue from this post was fixed by changing a portal security setting and was layer-specific. Are you using Portal and Online? Also have you tried the same workflow but with a different dataset?

Thank you kindly, 

SC

Shannon Cardoza
Product Engineer
0 Kudos