Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS for Excel Add-In Function Doesn't Work - Says "#busy!"

08-04-2023 09:52 AM
Lindsay_Maier
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I have the ArcGIS for Excel Add-In installed, and I'm trying to use the getcoordinates function, but it doesn't seem to work. It just says "#busy!" and never loads (see screenshot). I'm logged in to my account, and I have plenty of credits available. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShannonCardoza
Esri Contributor

Good morning @Lindsay_Maier 

I double-checked the workflow you mentioned using an address from the screenshot provided and did not have any issues. I will mention, however, sometimes users need to refresh. Refresh using the 'green circle' looking refresh button next to the word #BUSY. This has worked for me as well. 

Let me know if this helped!

All the best, 

SC

Shannon Cardoza
Product Engineer
0 Kudos
Lindsay_Maier
New Contributor II

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, refreshing doesn't do anything. It still just says busy... I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my add-in, though, because when I opened Excel just now (literally just opened a blank worksheet in Excel, went to the ArcGIS tab in the ribbon, and hit "show map", the attached screenshot popped up at the bottom...

0 Kudos
ShannonCardoza
Esri Contributor

@Lindsay_Maier Was the add-in deployed at the admin level? You may want to clear the office cache and try the workflow from the beginning. This resource may be helpful. 

Shannon Cardoza
Product Engineer
0 Kudos
Lindsay_Maier
New Contributor II

Hi Shannon. Yes, it was deployed at the admin level...

0 Kudos
ShannonCardoza
Esri Contributor

@Lindsay_Maier The error message from the screenshot is typical when 2 app deploys were attempted. This may also be helpful to try:

In Windows, Excel desktop, you can also clear web Add-Ins cache using these steps -
Go to Excel -> File menu-> Options -> Trust Center tab -> Trust Center Settings -> Trusted Add-In Catalog tab -> Select Next time Office starts, clear all previously-started web add-ins cache checkbox -> OK -> Restart the Excel.

Snag_ffe7536.png

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Shannon Cardoza
Product Engineer
0 Kudos