Disable start-up screens in ArcGIS for Excel

10-19-2023 11:34 PM
DavidHorsey
New Contributor II

I intend to make ArcGIS for Excel available in my organisation. I think only a small number of users will be authoring maps in Excel, and the majority will simply be using maps made by others. We don't have ArcGIS Online accounts for everyone, so most maps will be showing data from the Excel worksheet and publicly available Living Atlas data.

So, most users will be sent Excel files containing pre-configured maps, and I want Excel to open and the map to show the relevant data. However, if the user hasn't used the add-in before, when they open the Excel file, they will be required to go through the start-up screens before the map showing the data appears:

DavidHorsey_0-1697783144381.png

This doesn't add value to those users and will lead to confusion/questions, so my request is to have an option to disable these screens.

I don't know if this makes a difference to any potential solution, but I intend to make ArcGIS for Excel available as an "Admin Managed" add-in:

DavidHorsey_1-1697783144377.png

--

I first posted in the ArcGIS for Excel Questions section to see if this was possible. At the time of writing I hadn't received a definitive answer, but it didn't look like it was, hence this suggestion in the Ideas section.

Thanks.

1 Comment
ShannonCardoza
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Thank you @DavidHorsey for the enhancement request. Let me chat with my team and I will post an update here as soon as possible. We thoroughly enjoy discussing our user's ideas to see what we can do to improve workflows. Keep them coming 🤗