Select to view content in your preferred language

Web & Document Feature Layers *disappearing* from DWG files

07-13-2022 11:38 AM
JasonCurebanas
New Contributor

Our project is using AutoCAD 2019 and AFA to import content from a Hosted Feature Layer on our Enterprise AGO Portal.

We are finding that after the initial import and drawing save/close, subsequent opens often bug out and both Web and Document Feature Layers. They are no longer in the drawing. If the content was on a Web layer, it goes completely. If it was extracted to a Document Layer, the linework remains but no longer recognized as ESRI entities (no attributes). This seems to happen just about every time.

At first, we thought that maybe using the "Remove Layer" action was bugging it out, so we stopped using Add Data and instead used Add Data by URL (to only bring layers we needed vs adding everything and then removing some). But the bug persists.

Then we thought, maybe we must extract to avoid triggering this bug. But sadly - it still happens. 

So I thought I better reach out the community for assistance. We do enjoy this workflow but at the moment we are losing work and that's not good.  

Does anyone have any ideas or similar experiences?

Thanks, Jay

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Randy_Garcia
Esri Contributor

You are right this is not good at all. I have seen this on occasion, it usually due to something we are tripping on and thus not saving the layers in the drawing properly. Does this happen with any specific layers? It would be really helpful in figuring out why this is happening. Thank you. If you have any data you want to send over you can email me at rgarcia@esri.com

0 Kudos
EdwardTom
New Contributor II

Hi Randy,

I have run into this issue as well.  I'm using Autocad 2022 and ArcGIS plugin 410.  I've noticed that when the layers disappear the assigned coordinate system also disappears.  I can email you a dwg that seems to consistently reproduce the issue.

Edward

0 Kudos