Synchronizing Error to server 10.3.1

09-24-2015 11:44 AM
CarlosPorras
New Contributor III

We are receiving an error while trying to sync updates from feature services on our 10.3.1 server.  Is this an known issue?  Have there been any solutions or work around implemented?  The error is "Error Processing Server Request"

Thanks,

Carlos Porras

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
EdvinEriksson
New Contributor II

We´ve tried to synchronize to feature services with points and polygons as well, with the same result.

ChristoforosKatsaounis
Esri Contributor

Thank you for the additional information provided Edvin, much appreciated. I will need to test this again and will update the internal notes for this defect accordingly.

As for your second question below, I am afraid it would not be possible to give an accurate estimate at this stage indeed. The public facing URl for monitoring the status for this defect is below:

http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDA4OTAyNQ==

EdvinEriksson
New Contributor II

Hi Christoforos,

It seems that the error is not due to AGS version at least We have tried services from 10.3.1 and 10.2.1 with the same result.

/Edvin

0 Kudos
ChristoforosKatsaounis
Esri Contributor

Hi Edvin,

Thank you trying this out and sharing. For additional follow up feel free to reach out directly to Don Kuehne as he is trying to collect more specific information from different user cases (please see the most current post from him from earlier today).

0 Kudos
EdvinEriksson
New Contributor II

What is your best estimate for the fix of the software bug? Is that possible to estimate at this stage?

0 Kudos
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

Further evaluation shows that ArcGIS for AutoCAD does not appear to be the source of the problem.  Internal testing shows other factors.  In the cases where you are having difficulty synchronizing, Can you use the ArcGIS Online viewer to edit your data?   If you add your feature services to the Web Viewer and cannot edit them there, then it is more likely we have all be dealing with server issues regarding updating databases and feature services not ArcGIS for AutoCAD synchronizing services.  I would be interested if this is the case or not for those having problems?  dkuehne@esri.com

0 Kudos
JaromHlebasko
Occasional Contributor III

I can edit my feature services just fine in ArcMap as well as in ArcGIS Online's Map Viewer. I believe it is something inside of AutoCAD or the process of synchronizing in AutoCAD.

0 Kudos
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

Internally we have some data that needs further evaluation regarding synchronization on 10.3.1.  However, other 10.3.1 services are successfully synchronizing with ArcGIS for AutoCAD 350.  So now the focus is shifting to why some data may have an issue?  Those with issues, can you create a "new" simple feature service on 10.3.1 and synchronize that with ArcGIS for AutoCAD?  Other Esri applications edit feature services differently; ArcMap uses a different strategy than the Online viewer which uses REST/Only calls, ArcGIS for AutoCAD uses SOAP, so its not always evident where the problem might be just by comparing them. Those people with synchronization issues on other versions of ArcGIS for Server will be dealing with server configuration issues, not the subject of this thread which is ArcGIS for AutoCAD working with ArcGIS for Server 10.3.1 specifically.  If anyone has their 10.3.1 server  we can access to test that would be very helpful to isolate any issues.    You can follow up with me directly.  dkuehne@esri.com

0 Kudos
EdvinEriksson
New Contributor II

We created a new feature service consisting only of simple line features and that syncronized without error. However, we have managed to syncroninize edits in our old datasets before as well. Can it be due to an update of AutoCAD, since the plugin version has not changed? It is very difficult to pinpoint what features are causing the error.

0 Kudos
EdvinEriksson
New Contributor II

Based on our latest test, it seems that cause of the error is due to DATE fields in the feature classes. When the DATE fields are removed, the synchronization works like a charm. This was however not the case a couple of months ago. Could it be due to a database upgrade that treats the dates differently than before? We are running our Enterprise Geodatabase on SQL Server 2012 service pack 2. Could anyone else confirm that it works with feature classes where there are no DATE fields? Preferebly using another type of database, if possible.

Furthermore, if this is in fact the real cause of the error. Will there be any attempt of fixing the plugin to handle this new issue? We really need dates in our feature classes, for the editor tracking capabilities. 

0 Kudos