Purge Web Feature Layers from Drawing

02-27-2023 12:35 PM
DerekBannon22
New Contributor II

I have been trying to purge the web feature layers from one of my drawings, but they remain in my drawing after I have deleted them, saved and then re-open the same drawing. 

Is there anyway to permanently remove them from the drawing? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello Derek,

If I am understanding the workflow here are we not trying to delete (remove) the Web Feature Layer(s) from the drawing? If so, please try the following help page: Remove web feature layers

0 Kudos
DerekBannon22
New Contributor II

Hey Dan, 

I have attached and posted a GIF of the how I am removing and saving a new drawing. I have also saved to the same drawing and the layers re-appear everytime. I have been able to make the remove work on other drawings, but for some reason the remove does not work on this specific one. 

Animation.gif

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello Derek,

Thank you for the GIF displaying the behavior. Unfortunately I was unable to replicate this behavior.

I was hoping you could send me the drawing file by private email within the Esri Community. I can then research the behavior with your drawing.

Can you also provide us with the ArcGIS for AutoCAD version you are running here?

0 Kudos
DerekBannon22
New Contributor II

Hey Dan, 

I sent you an email with the details. 

I am running version 410. 

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello Derek,

I have the drawings, but unfortunately, the layers in the drawing we are testing are secure and I do not have credentials. I redid my testing and still cannot replicate this behavior.

Please try a blank new drawing and add the secure layers to it. Remove all the layers, do the Save As and then reopen the drawing. What happens?

0 Kudos
DerekBannon22
New Contributor II

I did some testing and I have found the reason why these layers are not deleting.

Now I have no idea how I was able to do this, but the drawing that has the web layers present does not have a coordinate system assigned. Once I set a coordinate system and then remove and save I end up getting the correct behaviour. 

Typically, AFA does not allow you to add web layers when a coordinate system does not exist. 

DerekBannon22_0-1678456445912.png

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

We are glad you were able to determine how to clear the drawing. Thanks for your continued use of ArcGIS for AutoCAD.

Version 420 is out now!

0 Kudos