Select to view content in your preferred language

Cad ArcGIS Web Viewer Trouble

07-01-2024 07:44 PM
FinneganStewart
New Contributor

Hi all!

I do a lot of engineering work with topography lines from an ArcGIS webviewer. (Link here: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=efafd2634c3c494ab61f03bbcd759ec7)

I might be totally missing something, but I'm not seeing an option for opening that WebViewers layers or data inside of my AutoCad project. I have the ArcGIS connector all setup and working properly, I can pull up the base template coordinate systems and maps, but whenever I search for or try to use the id # of the above webviewer, it can't find it.

Specifically really just trying to get the Topography Layer, Stream Orders Layer and Property Lines Layers. Right now I have to screenshot it and manually trace it into AutoCad, would love an easier way to do it.

Happy to share more info, any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello @FinneganStewart,

Welcome to the Esri Community!

You mention the ArcGIS Connector so my first question has to be are you using Autodesk's Connector for ArcGIS available in Civil 3D and Map 3D or are you using Esri's ArcGIS for AutoCAD plug-in?

If you are using ArcGIS for AutoCAD then I can tell you this plug-in does not allow a Web Map to be added to the drawing. If we take a look at this table from the GIS data > Supported GIS service properties and capabilities page we can see what type of ArcGIS layers are supported.

The layers you have used to create your Web Map should be of the supported type that can be added to the drawing using ArcGIS for AutoCAD though. So, instead of adding the Web Map you would add the layers contained in the web map. Then the layers added can be used within the drawing and with the tools from Autodesk and ArcGIS for AutoCAD.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
FinneganStewart
New Contributor

I am indeed using Esri's ArcGIS for AutoCAD plug-in. How am I able to select the layers in the web map into the drawing from the web viewer? When entering in the web viewers layer id's for property and contour lines into the Esri ArcGIS for AutoCAD plug-in it says no results found.

I don't need the actual visual Web Map to be added to the drawing, just the contour and property line layers from that link. (https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=efafd2634c3c494ab61f03bbcd759ec7)

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Please submit an Esri Technical Support case to the Enterprise Extensions Team. They will be able to assist with all of this.

0 Kudos