ArcGIS Server for AutoCAD

Jump to solution
06-23-2020 06:43 AM
FlorianSteiner
New Contributor III

Hi there,

until version 370 of the ArcGIS for AutoCAD plugin, we were able to connect to Feature-Services of our ArcGIS Server installation (no Portal installed). The recent version 400 does not seem to support direct access to ArcGIS-Server-Services. The only way seems to be to connect to ArcGIS Online or a local Portal-Installation. Is that right? Am I missing something? I couldn't find any hint online regarding this relevant change!

Thanks,
- Florian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

Florian,

You can use the ADD Service By URL option of the ADD data. You may also want to share your services as items on your portal.

Here is a quick video from Randy that shows us how: https://youtu.be/FlnTWxj0WC8

-Don

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

Florian,

You can use the ADD Service By URL option of the ADD data. You may also want to share your services as items on your portal.

Here is a quick video from Randy that shows us how: https://youtu.be/FlnTWxj0WC8

-Don

FlorianSteiner
New Contributor III

Thanks, Don for your reply! This helped us a lot! The video explained exactly what we were looking for.

0 Kudos
FlorianSteiner
New Contributor III

We are still struggeling with this. Our Feature-Services cannot be imported to AutoCAD. An Error-Message points to "Failed to construct instance of service XXX. Layer(s) or table(s) are not configured for Sync." The Layers are shown but seem to be empty in AutoCAD.

Are there any new requirements for ArcGIS-Services when using with the Plugin? Do I need Sync-Functionality and GlobalID to be activated?

Thanks,
- Florian

0 Kudos
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

Florian,

No there are no new requirements for feature layer editing. Try to isolate the layer you’re working with in order to debug. Perhaps attempt to create a web map with the layer to ensure that the layer itself is functioning correctly on its own. Also does the layer work using ESRI_ADDSERVICEBYURL. You should be able to access it directly or through the portal item. Also be sure that you have set the project area to get features within that area.

If you continue to have issues don’t hesitate to contact tech support to get you sorted out.

-Don

0 Kudos