Select to view content in your preferred language

430.1 Cannot expand layers and checking/unchecking layers does not change layers visible

Jump to solution
7 hours ago
YohanBienvenue
Occasional Contributor II

We have a map service published on a stand-alone ArcGIS Server 10.9.1 using the ArcGIS Pro runtime. When using version 430.1 of the ArcGIS plugins for AutoCAD in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023, we can add the map service using the "Add Data by URL" as we could before with earlier versions, but now it only displays the default visible layers defined in the service.

When accessing the Contents panel, only the layers at the root level are displayed. There are no arrows (to the left of the Group layers checkboxes) in the interface that would allow us to click and expand the Group layers to view their sublayers.

Also when we check or uncheck the checkbox of any Group layer at the root level, it does not change the visible layers in the map. Using Fiddler I can see that an export request is generated when checking or unchecking a checkbox, but in the request body the value of the "layers" parameter does not change, no matter what layers we check or uncheck. The image rendered is always the same.

Is ArcGIS 10.9.1 still supported for this version 430.1 of the plugin? The exact version of the plugin is 430.1.25.1

Thank You

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello @YohanBienvenue,

Thanks for using ArcGIS for AutoCAD! I think I know what you are speaking of when referring to the Map Layers expand all arrow, but to be absolutely certain a screen capture would really help here. However, what I think you are describing does not occur in house.

As for visibility not working on Map Layer's sublayers this is a bug and will be fixed in the next release. You are welcome to test this fix out through the Esri Early Adopter program and sign up for the ArcGIS for AutoCAD 435 beta here.

As for compatibility with ArcGIS Server 10.9.1 the ArcGIS Enterprise Life Cycle indicates version 10.9.1 will be retired in December 2027.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello @YohanBienvenue,

Thanks for using ArcGIS for AutoCAD! I think I know what you are speaking of when referring to the Map Layers expand all arrow, but to be absolutely certain a screen capture would really help here. However, what I think you are describing does not occur in house.

As for visibility not working on Map Layer's sublayers this is a bug and will be fixed in the next release. You are welcome to test this fix out through the Esri Early Adopter program and sign up for the ArcGIS for AutoCAD 435 beta here.

As for compatibility with ArcGIS Server 10.9.1 the ArcGIS Enterprise Life Cycle indicates version 10.9.1 will be retired in December 2027.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
YohanBienvenue

Hello Dan,

Just want to confirm that both issues are gone in beta version 435; the expand arrows are visible again and the layer visibility changes are also working. So that's good news.

We had already advised our users to stick to version 420 while investigating this and now we'll also be able to let them know fixes are coming in the future for these issues.

Thank You!

0 Kudos
YohanBienvenue

Hello Dan,

Indeed you're right I should have added a screenshot. Here's one I received from one of our users comparing versions 420 and 430.1 adding the same map service in both versions. Myself I had earlier tested version 410 on my system and did not encounter these issues. When installing 430.1 I obtained the same issues as this user.

Thank you for confirming the visibility bug. Very well I'll attempt to test the 435 beta version and will report back.

Screenshot_20240711_172102.png

0 Kudos