Coordinate System Default/Favorites

01-17-2023 03:23 PM
Vandal_WSU
New Contributor II

It would be handy to be set a default coordinate system.  Ninety percent of the time I use the same one, so having it already set to that would be so much easier.

For when I have to use other coordinate systems, having a list of saved/preferred one would be so much faster.  Creating a list of 'favorites,' like what's already in Pro/ArcMap would be great.

Tags (2)
4 Comments
DanWade

Hello,

Thanks for using ArcGIS for AutoCAD! I am not sure if by "default" you actually mean you would like to favorite your most used Coordinate System, but you do mention this about ArcGIS Pro.

ArcGIS for AutoCAD does allow the user to favorite a number of their most frequently used Coordinate Systems. Once the CS has been selected (highlighted), right-click and a context menu opens to reveal "Add to favorites". Check out number 5 in the online help "Coordinate System Selector user interface".

Randy_Garcia

I will also add that you can set your Default coordinate system by just setting the coordinate system in your AutoCAD DWT file. By doing so every new drawing will have the coordinate system set that you want. 

Vandal_WSU

Wow, I didn't know that.  I learned something new today.

Thanks.

Randy_Garcia
Status changed to: Already Offered