Select to view content in your preferred language

Site Scan coordinate system setting

06-23-2022 12:29 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, 

I am a new user with Site Scan and it is required of me to capture images in a specific coordinate system, not the default choice  that sitescan opens with. I would like for the application to use a state plane coordinate system (NJ83F.)  Where do I configure this setting before I fly?  
The reason I am looking to set this is because the output  TIFF file is not importing to the correct location in our civil 3D maps. 

Any advice is much appreciated!

Mark

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewBowne
Frequent Contributor

You can set the output coordinate system within any project.  Go to "Output Settings" Then "Project Coordinate System-->Output Coordinate System"

AndrewBowne_0-1656070031745.png

0 Kudos
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Your drone must capture images georeferenced in WGS84, this is a limitation of the drone and a requirement for Site Scan to import the images. 

As @AndrewBowne stated, you can then choose your desired output coordinate system in the Site Scan project settings. 

I'm not an AutoCAD Civil3D expert, but you should also be able to define your TIFF files' coordinate system so that it's placed in the right location. If you did not define an output coordinate system, your outputs are processed in the local UTM zone for your area, you can see it at the bottom of the processing report. 

0 Kudos