Select to view content in your preferred language

View Layers Failing to Load in Field Maps App

05-04-2023 11:05 AM
JessicaWay1
New Contributor III

I have a project in Field Maps that has 2 View Layers of the same parent layer. Until yesterday, these layers were showing in the map in the Field Maps App and working properly. Now these layers have a "Layers Failed to Load Error".

The rest of the map works fine. These View Layers work fine when the web map and smart form is viewed in a browser window. There are no errors showing in the Field Maps Web Portal. If we add these layers to another map, the same error shows in mobile app. If we add the parent layer to the map, only the parent layer works in the app.

No scheme changes have been made and all sharing permission have been checked.

Has anyone else had this same issue? Why would view layers suddenly stop working in Field Maps?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
BronwenHughes
New Contributor III

I have just experienced this exact issue as well. I created a view of 3 layers from the same parent layer and checked the sharing. I built forms using FieldMaps Designer, added the view layers to the map and everything was working fine in FieldMaps. I then updated the domain of one field with an additional value and updated the map by adding content (attachments) to the pop-ups for the view layers, after which this error appeared. 

I tried removing attachments from the pop-ups and resaving the map, however, the error persisted. So I opened FieldMaps Designer and resaved the forms, however, the error with the view layers persisted.

Hence, I  have had to recreate a new view of the 3 layers, rebuild the forms using FieldMaps Designer and add attachments to the popups. The new views are working correctly (including the additional value that I added to the domains of one field in each of 3 layers)

0 Kudos