Utility Network map server pop ups not working in Field Maps

05-17-2022 01:53 PM
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

I have a weird issue with my Utility Networks.  I have a View only MapServer service created of my utility network that I'm using for some special symbology and view only maps.  I have the MapServer service added to a Web Map in Portal with popups for Devices, Junctions, and Lines and then created a Web App Builder Web Map off that web map.  All popups are working correctly in the Web Map and through  Web App Builder Map.  I then made the same web map available through Field Maps so my field users who are use to navigating maps in the app can do so within Field maps instead of leaving the program and going to a different site. 

The weird issue I'm coming across is not all my popups are working in Field Maps.  With the testing I have done it is Devices layer having the issues as I can click and get the attribute data for all lines and junctions that I have tested.  But on the device layer some devices show the popup but not others.  For example in the Water UN if I click the hydrants device I can see the attribute data that I defined for the popup via field maps and the web map in portal and Web App Builder, but if I click the Device/Controllable Values, it will never select to display the attribute data in Field Maps but it works and displays the data in WebApp Builder and the Portal Web Map.  I have Water, Sewer, and Electric UNs deployed and having this issue with all three UNs.  Anyone have the same issue or any ideas of the cause.

My Environment is:
Enterprise and Portal 10.8.1
UN Version 4
Field Maps Version 22.1.0

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Try instead to create the web app with the New Map Viewer.

Are you creating your pop ups in Pro or the web app builder. 

I have had various issues with Pop Ups.  

We are working on building our Utility Network at this time. so my thoughts may not be your solution

When we upgraded to 10.9.1 and finally got the full version of Field Maps I started building the pop up completely in Pro and then publishing.  I then Start a New Map Viewer session and add the service in.

It has reduced a lot of pop up issue for me.  

0 Kudos
LindseyStone

The Pop Ups are being created within the Web Map in Portal.  I don't create any in Pro prior to publishing the service.  We are upgrading to 10.9.1 this weekend so it will be interesting to see if anything changes.  It is just weird that some of the pop ups work on some don't on the same service and it is only in Field Maps.

0 Kudos
LindseyStone

My pop up issues are still persistent even with creating the pop ups through Pro prior to publishing the service.  I have a ticket into tech support to hopefully isolate the problem.

0 Kudos