Users unable to make edits to view layers when working offline in Field Maps

11-01-2021 11:02 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

I recently set up a Field Maps application that includes two view layers - one for adding and deleting new features, and one for editing attributes of existing ones. These both come from a hosted feature service that I published from a FGDB and am the owner of.  The users of my application are able to update and add features to the view layers as intended when working online, but get error messages as soon as they try to make edits offline.

When editing attributes, the error message is 'SQLite error', and when adding features, the error message is 'Geodatabase field not found'. As the owner of the data I don't encounter these messages when editing offline. The messages also don't get thrown when I or the users make edits to the feature service itself when working offline. Unless I'm missing a checkbox somewhere, users have the ability to edit all features, sync, and track last creation/edit timestamps. I've made changes to the ability to edit certain fields in the hosted feature service, but these are identical to the edit ability for the view layers since they inherited those settings when they were created. 

Is there anything I'm missing here? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

What desktop and server version?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The service was published from ArcGIS Pro 2.5.1 to Enterprise 10.8.1. It's worth noting that I've published hosted feature services and view layers using this configuration before without the set of issues I've described above.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

The reason I'm asking is there could be a patch available or incompatibility with something.

Here is a thread I found: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-blog/arcgis-field-maps-offline-edits-fail-to-sync-le... 

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
AndreasB
New Contributor II

@Anonymous User  Did you ever found out what was the issue with the view layer? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Andreas, I did not unfortunately. I ended up having to export the feature service, republish it, and reconfigure the new feature service and views. That ended up clearing the errors but didn't get to the root cause of the issue. 

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Your SQL database and server version?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos