Unable to submit Geodatabase item not found

05-19-2022 07:14 AM
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Unable to submit error encountered when submitting a point. The error message includes (see attached):

com.esri.arcgisruntime.ArcGISRuntimeException: Geodatabase item no found.: The following features where nto found: [169]

We use the Collector App instead because we do not encounter the issue there. What could be causing the issue in Field Maps?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Are you in AGOL, Enterprise, what versions of softwares etc.

0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert. I am in AGOL, Field Maps version is 22.2.0, and phone is Android (Galaxy S8, though issue reproduced in other Android models. I did not encounter when using iOS though I have not mass tested it).

Thanks for your reply, Robert!

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Make sure VPN is not enabled.  

We (my company and others) have noticed that iDevices seem to be the preferred mobile device of ESRI products, with Android being a secondary consideration.  I had been using a Google Pixel for years, which was my personal phone.

My company issues iPhones to our field employees.  I would have to bring my iPad in to work to write up help documents because Android versions were that much different than those for iDevices. 

I think part of it is they develop the App for iOS first.  Then updates happen first for iOS

I think it is very much a combability issue.  Not the answer that is going to help you in anyway, other than to suggest everyone uses an iPhone or iPad

However, also you phone is an S8. In terms of phone technology that is pretty old.  The version of Field Maps you are using it very new.  There may be strong compatibility issues in the different OS.  What version of OS is your phone on and the other Androids>?

0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your detailed response, Robert! I also initially thought that it was a compatibility/phone issue, but the issue appears to be reproduced randomly in that we also encountered it newer phones like the S20 . However, not all phones reproduce the issue and not all maps produce the issue. In other words, I have maps in Field maps where I can submit data and not encounter the issue even when using my S8 while others do encounter it, and vice versa. In one map, everyone could not submit, so we used the Collector App instead.

My iPhone has Software Version 15.4.11. Because I have not encountered it in iOS, I am inclined to agree that this may generally be a phone compatibility issue though I do hope that ESRI has a concrete explanation/solution as our workforce mostly has Android.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I have close to 223 employees using apps I have developed over the years.  As I mentioned all our company phones are iPhones.  The only issues we have had are bad data connections, old versions of app (most notably Collector Classic), old phones that could not be updated anymore,  and lack of available memory. 

As far as ESRI having a concrete explanation I would not hold your breath.  We brought it up with them quite a few years ago.  

0 Kudos
Andrew_Wolff
New Contributor II

I'm curious if this problem is occurring when attaching photos.  We are getting that error only when creating a point feature with attached photos.   If we edit an existing point and attach a photo it will work.  Also if you create a feature without a photo it was working as well.

0 Kudos
phess_luckstone
New Contributor III

I was wondering if you had any success on this, we had a user experience the same error today but I can't seem to replicate it. It seems to be android only, and with an attachment, do you think photo size could play into it?  I will say we are using Enterprise 10.8.1 with Field Maps.

0 Kudos
Andrew_Wolff
New Contributor II

So I think I've narrowed it down to older hosted feature services.   I also cannot replicate the problem on Feature services created after February of 2022.

0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hi Andrew, I encounter the error for a feature service created back in 2018. 

0 Kudos