Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to save form changes

06-17-2023 12:48 AM
tendtreesTC
Occasional Contributor

I have been working on a fieldmap app for a few weeks until suddenly a few days ago when I went to make a change to the and save the below error appeared stating that it was unable to say my form changes.

It is telling me to check the layer settings and confirm that I have the privileges required to make changes.  The layer has been set to allow editing and I am an administrator.

Is there something I am missing here?

tendtreesTC_1-1686987950964.png

0 Kudos
18 Replies
tendtreesTC
Occasional Contributor

Yes that is my problem too.  thank you for letting me know what the issue is and I look forward to the fix.

0 Kudos
SamiHammer
Occasional Contributor

I'm having the same problem when I just need to delete a field from a form. Argh! Now instead of a 15 min project to edit the form a bit, I'm going to have to create a view layer, add it to the map, and redo the form. 

0 Kudos
AnaDeniston
Occasional Contributor

Try to copy the JSON in the AGOL Assistant. By doing that you don't need to create the whole form again.

Regarding the 'save' issue, I am having the same problem. 

0 Kudos
JonathanMcD
Frequent Contributor

Going to stick my hand up on this issue too, really frustrating.

0 Kudos
LanceKirby2
Frequent Contributor

Same here.

0 Kudos
JosephET
New Contributor

I just set up a Fieldmaps map with three editable layers in it - point/line/polygon.
The point and polygon layers set up forms without issue, but the line layer wouldn't save from the get go.

For me it turns out the issue was the Shape_Length field being included in the list of fields - once I removed that, I could save the form.

I don't quite understand why it had added itself, as the polygon layer didn't add either of Shape_Length or Shape_Area when generating the form - perhaps a little big Esri side..?

So long story short - perhaps try running through the fields one by one and see if any have the red asterisks in the Properties/Formatting pane on the right and remedying those, or removing the problem fields completely.

0 Kudos
treistadbakk
Emerging Contributor

Same problem. I just removed the attribute "Shape_Length/Area" as they are write protected. Works fine now!

0 Kudos
Kevin_MacLeod
Frequent Contributor

Another helpful note - today I was getting this error. Turned out there was a Domain with two identical Descriptions. Apparently that causes this error.  There was 14: Grease Trap and 15: Grease Trap for a sewer structure point layer with a domain categorizing the type of structure.

Field Maps Designer and Smart Forms are fantastic. Field Maps is coming along. (addition of more tools and perhaps customization of the interface a la WebApp Builder would be sweet but for now it gets the job done)

0 Kudos
SharonUngerer_DNREC
Occasional Contributor

I also got this error while working in the Field Maps Designer.  Opened up the web map and edited the Smart Form their and was able to save successfully.  Console error I had below: FM_error_1300494.png

0 Kudos