Unable to download offline areas when feature is created in AGOL and configured in Field Maps Form Builder

05-03-2022 09:47 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I created a feature on ArcGIS online, added it to a map and configured it with Field Maps Form Builder. My map is simple and the settings are configured for offline use. My feature is also configured for offline use. In the Field Maps app I have the option to download offline areas, but the wheel gets stuck at about 1/4 of the way then a few minutes later says that the download failed. I'm using a Pixel 5. Others that need to use this map are having the same issue with their iphones (not sure which iphone). It is associated with the feature not the basemap or other layers.

Another note: I tried both large and very small offline areas and it does not matter if the download size is small or large. 

Are there any known issues with downloading offline areas with features created online and configured in form builder? Form builder seems pretty convenient if it can work offline.

I just created a new feature in Pro, added that to the map, and took the old one off the map. This works as it should but I still want to know what went wrong. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Larry
by
New Contributor III

I had a similar issue and I solved it by opening the web map and adding a record to the feature class. Field Maps did not seem to like an empty feature class.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the response Larry! We had been testing this map online before taking it offline so there were already records associated with the feature. For good measure I did delete the records then added a couple test points on the web map, refreshed, and tried downloading offline. Still no luck. 

Definitely good to keep in mind for the future though. 

0 Kudos
BradBolton1
New Contributor II

Any luck with this yet? I'm running into the same issue...

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope, unfortunately not. I just recreated the feature in pro still have no idea what went wrong. It actually happened twice. I had a previous feature that I made in pro but added additional fields and calculations in form builder which broke it for offline use in the same way. My solution was to do as much as possible in pro and be very cautious about editing in form builder. 

0 Kudos