Unable to Collect after building Form

01-25-2021 01:55 PM
AngieLangevin
New Contributor II

Error Message: This form contains unsupported data. 

I have an editable line layer in my editable offline map area. I can edit it offline by adding points, streaming and adding photos. As soon as I try to configure a form in the field maps web app, I am unable to edit the layer. After syncing the map to my form changes, I get a message when I try to collect saying "The form contains unsupported data".  

I have double checked to make sure everything meets the requirements for editing, the permissions are enabled etc. Everything should work. I created a form based on the attributes in the attribute table. I only have one form element right now. This is a simple task that should work.. I am not sure what is wrong here. 

49 Replies
JensKolstad
New Contributor III

Thanks. I will change my form.

But - will it be possible to include the shape__area and shape__length fields in the future - to see the area created when in offline mode

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It probably will not be available in the future. For the popup you could write an Arcade expression that could calculate the length or area:

Area($feature, 'square-meters')

Is it a requirement for you to view the area/length while filling out the form?

0 Kudos
StefanieWenker
Occasional Contributor

This has now become an issue for me as well. I am not doing anything fancy with my form. 

I created my form a while back and everything was working great. Now I added a couple of new fields to my feature layer (hosted through ArcGIS Server) and when I add these new fields to the form I get the same error: This form contains unsupported data. Luckily I can remove the fields from my form and it works again... The fields I am trying to add have a domain set up in my SDE and are textstring fields. Any ideas on what could be the problem?

0 Kudos
ShanePittmanEC
New Contributor II

I had this issue as well and found out that I had the older version of the app. I downloaded the update and all works wonderfully. Try updating the app on your device and try again.

StefanieWenker
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! That did the trick 🙂

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is expected since there was update of the web app last night that now explicitly defaults coded value domains to use a "combo-box" input type in the form. So if you updated your form today but did not update the mobile app, you would see this message. Previously this input type was not supported in the mobile app. It's unlikely this specific issue will occur again. The mobile app checks if there are unrecognized properties of the form and will display a message that there is unsupported data in the form. This is to ensure that the form works as designed in the mobile app.

0 Kudos
ShanePittmanEC
New Contributor II

I am experiencing this issue as well. Map works fine until I create a form for it in Field Maps.

0 Kudos
ShanePittmanEC
New Contributor II

Nevermind. I had the old app. Its working now.

0 Kudos
VH_MapS
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. I try to edit the form, and am met with an error message : "Unable to Edit. The form contains unsupported data."

I'm not doing anything fancy with the form, just a few coded value domains and text boxes.

@Anonymous User are you able to take a look?

Screenshots attached of form & error message.

I am using the most recent version of the mobile app, and I am using the newly released WebMaps to make changes and edits to the map.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@VH_MapS  Can you confirm you are using version 21.1 of the mobile app? You can check the version under the Profile -> About Field Maps.

0 Kudos