Tracker showing two locations for same account

Jump to solution
10-20-2021 07:46 AM
MatthewKing
Occasional Contributor II

We're trying out tracker with 4 different users/accounts and for some reason one of the accounts is showing up in two locations.  See the screenshot below.  The one circled in red is the extra location and it's "stale"...hasn't moved, with the current location further to the right (east)  Is there anyway to remove that old location?

I've looked at the table and there are two records, but have the same device ID & session ID, so I'm not sure why that happened.

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@MatthewKingWe installed a potential fix for 21.2 so if you upgrade hopefully you won't see the issue anymore. It was really difficult to reproduce but we believe it should be fixed in 21.2.X or later.

As for deleting the feature, in ArcGIS Online, you can only delete an entire users tracks, last known location, and track lines with single operation. There's no way to delete just the last known location. Here is a link describing how to do it.

For ArcGIS Enterprise, you can delete the last known location separately from the tracks. The same link provided instructions for that, just switch the layer id from 0 to 1 so it's using the correct layer.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Matthew,

Are you using Tracker or Field Maps with location tracking?

Do you know which version of Field Maps and which Operating System the user is using?

We have seen this issue before and believe we've fixed this in Field Maps so it'd be good to know if you are still seeing this in a recent version of Field Maps.

MatthewKing

@Anonymous User  We're using Field Maps on Android 8 (Trimble TDC600).  I'm not sure what version of Field Maps it is but I believe it's fairly recent as we updated all the Trimble units recently (~ one month ago) ....it's actually being used right now, I'll see if I can find out.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
MatthewKing

@Anonymous User it's version 21.1.0 build 347.  Which version fixed this issue?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@MatthewKingWe installed a potential fix for 21.2 so if you upgrade hopefully you won't see the issue anymore. It was really difficult to reproduce but we believe it should be fixed in 21.2.X or later.

As for deleting the feature, in ArcGIS Online, you can only delete an entire users tracks, last known location, and track lines with single operation. There's no way to delete just the last known location. Here is a link describing how to do it.

For ArcGIS Enterprise, you can delete the last known location separately from the tracks. The same link provided instructions for that, just switch the layer id from 0 to 1 so it's using the correct layer.

MatthewKing

Great & thanks!  We'll update the app and see if that works.  @Anonymous User a few questions about the deleting... 

1. If we do nothing except for updating Field Maps will that outlier Last Known Location eventually disappear or do we need to delete as noted in the link you provided?
  2. If we need to delete to remove that stray location, is that just deleting the history and the next time that user turns on tracking everything is hunky-dory or do we need to add that user back using the Tracker Viewer settings?

-Matt

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It will not just disappear after X days. The tracks have a retention period but the last known locations do not. So what you should do is:

1. Have the user sign out of the app and close it.
  2. Update the app to the latest version
  3. Delete the last known location
  4. Sign back into the app and start tracking.

You don't have to change any Track Views.

MatthewKing

@Anonymous User If we remove that account from the Track View configuration and then re-add them, will that delete the previous LKL?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope, any changes to Track Views do not alter the underlying data. You need to delete the duplicated LKL from the main location tracking feature service.

0 Kudos
MatthewKing

@Anonymous User It's been a while and everything has been working well in the sense of no duplicates...until a few days ago.  We had 10 devices/accounts out at the same time, no account was logged into the more than one device, however, the duplicate was specific to only one account.  Actually, it was a triplicate. 

When looking at the attribute table for LKL, for some reason for the triplicate account, one of the triplicates has a different name in the "Full Name" field (as opposed to the account name in the Created User field). For the other two records, the name in the Full Name field aligns with the account name in the Created User field.

Do you know why the triplicates may be happening and how did the Full Name field end up with a different account name in there?  That's the one that really stumps me. 

If this isn't making sense I can send you a csv of the attribute table, or share the feature layer with you.

Thanks!

0 Kudos