Tablet won't collect data. Getting the message averaging will continue once GPS fix requirement is met.

4 weeks ago
MichaelHearns
New Contributor

Hello all, maybe its a user error or something else. I'm having issues with collecting data while using my tablet, both using the onboard GPS and using the Tremble DA2 receiver. When attempting to I will get the message averaging will continue once GPS fix requirement is met. How do I correct this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
erKay_nv5
New Contributor III

Are you using FieldMaps? If so, it sounds like your GPS antenna isn't getting enough of a fix to meet the minimum requirements set by FieldMaps. Can you see the distance the fix is getting?

For FieldMaps:

Under your profile in FieldMaps, tap Collection Settings. Make sure the GNSS provider is set to the Trimble DA2. Then tap Accuracy. If the accuracy setting is lower than the distance the fix is getting, that means it's not getting good enough satellite signal to create a point in the app. You can try to adjust the accuracy setting higher, which will let the device capture more points for averaging, but just know that will reduce the locational accuracy of the points.

0 Kudos