Smart forms w/utility network database

12-07-2021 05:53 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am collecting data on a layer for the sewer utility network that was published to AGOL. I am trying to configure the fields in for use in Field Maps with Smart Forms.

When trying to change a field to be required, the only option is "Yes, allow null values". The other option, "Yes, do not allow null values" is grayed out and unselectable. I have a feeling this may be due to the fact that the layer is from a utility network. Is there any workaround for this, I would like to make certain fields be required to have information from the field worker when points are collected.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User does the layer contain features or records?  The reason why you can't add a field with Nulls not allowed may be because the feature layer already has data in it.

Are you able to add a field in Online to the feature layer where nulls are not allowed?

Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah this may be the issue. It does already contain features - the sample data that comes with the layer when you download it.

I will test adding a field as well as deleting all of the features and see if either of those work. Might take me a few days to loop back to this.

0 Kudos