Shared Update Groups and Manage Offline Map Areas

03-29-2021 12:49 PM
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I'm not sure when 'Shared Update' Groups came online, but today is the first time I've had an AGOL group get labeled with this. The settings I've previously set for other groups is with membership only available to the organization and then the following.

AGOL_Group.png

This group is for use with ArcGIS Field Maps in which members need to edit the feature layers. We also need the ability to manage offline map areas. I am able to do this in other established groups with folks editing data and web maps shared to the group where I manage offline map areas.

I have created/deleted this new group I would like to create many times already this morning trying to figure this out.

How can I have a web map shared to a group where group members can update the items in the group and I can also manage the offline map areas for use in Field Maps?  I have been doing this for other groups over the last year without this 'Shared Updates' label and offline map areas? Today is the first time I've received this new 'Feature disabled' notice. So I'm supposed to unshare and reshare each time I want to create a new offline map? What is going on?

FeatureDisabled.png

Thanks in advance for your help,

Kathy

6 Replies
HelenLin
New Contributor

Hi Kathy,

I am coming across the same situation and wonder if you eventually sorted it out. 

I think my situation is a bit more complicated as I don't own the map and I am only able to edit the map because of the shared update group. And I wanted to create a new offline area because the existing offline area failed to download on devices (which seemed like another weird situation that many had...). Wonder if anyone knows how to solve the situation?

0 Kudos
Cyprus_Forest_Department
Occasional Contributor

Hi to all! Have you figured that out yet? I stumbled upon it today. Same scenario. Do we have to erase the group and create a new one?

0 Kudos
Katie_Macintyre_Atmos
New Contributor II

I've just come across this too. I was trying to enable colleagues to update webmaps I'd created by sharing them with a shared update group but then I lost the ability to manage the offline areas myself, even though I am the webmap owner. Did anyone find a fix for this, or is the only way to manage offline areas to log in as the map owner? This seems like a strange limitation.

0 Kudos
Cyprus_Forest_Department
Occasional Contributor

The solution is to wipe the group, create a new one and enable this

Cyprus_Forest_Department_0-1680240474717.png

0 Kudos
ToriK
by
New Contributor II

I am running into this issue now too. Did anyone figure it out? The solution posted by Cyprus Forest did not work for me.

Group members are still unable to add offline map areas themselves.

0 Kudos
Katie_Macintyre_Atmos
New Contributor II

No I'm afraid not. Wiping the group and making a new one with the 'All group members can contribute' option left everyone, including me, unable to create offline areas. The only solution we've found for other team members to create offline areas is to log in as the map owner which involves sharing passwords so not really a solution.

0 Kudos