Reverse geocode

01-18-2021 12:50 AM
MadsBorggaard
New Contributor II

Hi

Can or will you be able to Reverse Geocode a point to nearest address like you can in Survey123 Connect ?

perhaps with Arcade

Tags (3)
4 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @MadsBorggaard ,

You can reverse geocode an address by long pressing on the map to reveal the address in that location. Is this information you would like to store in a feature, or what more can you tell me about your desired workflow?

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @ColinLawrence 

I am interested in this topic. Is it possible to store the address in the field? also is it possible to use other geocoding api within Field Maps so that it does not consume credits?

Kerry 

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, you cannot pull this information into a field. Field Maps should honor your organizations default geocoder. Just an fyi with the workflow I mentioned above with long pressing on the map, this does not consume credits as the address is not being stored in the database.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
Caryn_Jane
New Contributor

Hi @ColinLawrence  - using the long pressing in Field Maps does produce the coordinates, but I do not see an address as well. I have seen this work in demos of Field Maps for ArcGIS Online, but I am using Field Maps at the Enterprise level. Is this difference in environment the reason why I cannot see an address when I long press in Field Maps. We have an organization geocoder, so perhaps it is not enabled? What level user would need to enable that, as I do not see it anywhere within my feature, webmap, or form design settings.

Thanks!

Caryn Jane

0 Kudos