Portal Field Maps Map Image Layer Symbology Updating

04-01-2021 06:39 AM
BrendonJoyce1
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I have been using a workaround for symbolizing related records with versioned (not copied) Portal layers for a few years now. Basically this entails uploading your hydrant layer and maintenance table as a FL with editing for creating records, along with uploading a joined hydrant-table map image layer (MIL) in order to symbolize by inspected. 

This works well enough for web maps and Collector. I have noticed that the symbology updating on the MIL is different in Field Maps. After creating a record that triggers a symbol, the symbol will update pretty quickly (within 10 seconds) on Collector, but on Field Maps it varies. It seems as though the layers do not update often. Even turning off/on layer or zooming out past visible extent. This is the same for editing existing or deleting a record that would take away the symbol. Both Collector and Field Maps seem to take a while for this. All of these things update very quickly on web maps. The refresh intervals are all blank or 0. 

I am wondering if this issue exists within Field Maps or the Portal layer itself.

As far as I know, there is no other way to symbolize by related record without uploading a separate MIL for symbology.

I tested a SQL level view, which I had more issues working with in Portal.

Any advice? Thanks.

0 Replies