Popup navigate to a different feature within the map?

Jump to solution
03-08-2021 05:13 PM
KeithMenia
New Contributor II

In Field Maps I would like to have a feature's popup be able to navigate to a different feature. For example, for hydrant flushing, once the staff person completes this hydrant, the user could click on a link to the next hydrant. My features already have a field that contains the next hydrant ID.

This is like a hyperlink parameter but I don't want to reload the map each time. It would effectively put the hydrant ID into the search box and reposition map to the result.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KeithMenia ,

You should be able to use an app link to initiate the search from a URL. As long as the itemID for the webmap was the same as the itemID for the map that is open, that portion of the URL should be ignored and it should proceed with the search (as you were concerned with the map reloading). A URL could look like this:

https://fieldmaps.arcgis.app/?referenceContext=search&itemID=922fc9a00b1f46889aeb94709a868537&search...

In your scenario you would replace {PLACENAME} with the name of your field with the hydrant ID. There may be issues depending on where you are placing the URL. For example, Android will filter out URLs hard coded into a field in the popup. I tested this with a custom attribute display popup and it worked.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KeithMenia ,

You should be able to use an app link to initiate the search from a URL. As long as the itemID for the webmap was the same as the itemID for the map that is open, that portion of the URL should be ignored and it should proceed with the search (as you were concerned with the map reloading). A URL could look like this:

https://fieldmaps.arcgis.app/?referenceContext=search&itemID=922fc9a00b1f46889aeb94709a868537&search...

In your scenario you would replace {PLACENAME} with the name of your field with the hydrant ID. There may be issues depending on where you are placing the URL. For example, Android will filter out URLs hard coded into a field in the popup. I tested this with a custom attribute display popup and it worked.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
KeithMenia
New Contributor II

That is totally awesome. I had a feeling it was possible. It navigates to the correct feature without reloading which was my main objective. I see it pops up the attribute list version as opposed to the custom popup. Not a huge deal. If the user clicks the 'searched' feature, it brings up the custom popup and away we go to the next hydrant. 

Don't suppose you know how to force the custom popup from the search result? Regardless, this is winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Glad that helped out! 

It should only be possible to have one popup type for each layer for the read only popup. However, when entering edit mode you will always see the attribute list. Perhaps you started editing one of the features? To clarify, when tapping a feature from a search result (or on the map) it should always open the read only popup first and in your case this should be the custom popup. If you are seeing otherwise let me know.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos