Select to view content in your preferred language

Pop-ups not enabled in web map but showing up in Field Maps App

Jump to solution
08-05-2022 09:45 AM
AmeWunderle
New Contributor III

For context, I recently added a new feature service for a work flow, similar to how we have in the past. In the Data visualization tab, the UI has changed but I set up the symbology and pop-up the same as previously. It's a group feature service (3 layers within), two of the layers do not have a pop-up, one does.  I configured the pop-up as before (copy and pasted from the previous web map). I made sure to set the other two to not enabled.  To configure which fields were editable, I went to the Data Tab/Fields to do this (though I wasn't able to configure all fields I wanted to be locked down as uneditable, though that's another story, def not as easy as it was before). 

I then opened the feature service in Map Viewer, set my book marks, checked that the two polygon layers were not 'clickable' or had a pop-up showing up. I then removed all 3 layers from the grouping and deleted the group as having a group layer caused issues in the past. Still all good, the one point layer with a pop-up was working, the other two didn't show in the web map. 

I set up the offline areas, opened it in Field Maps and it shows all items, pop-ups for all 3 layers. I tried to set it up again leaving the grouping, same problem occurred. I tried setting up a new map using Map Viewer Classic, same problem. I tried Collector, same problem. I tried not making offline areas, same problem. I'm starting to think it may be an issue with the new Data visualization set up? My maps that I made (even just a few months ago) in the same way for the same work flow all work fine and as expected (and still do) in Field Maps.  

Any ideas of something else to try?

15 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

@jschuckert , Happy Holidays.

So far, I have only been able to turn off pop-ups in field maps by using the Map Viewer Classic.  I also do not see the option to disconnect layer properties for the problematic features as others have noted.

LanceCole_0-1703610666093.png

I have a support ticket in with ESRI; however, because of the extended holiday we have yet to schedule a phone call and screen share to discuss the issue in more detail.  I will post more once I have more info.

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

@jschuckert,

After working with ESRI support on this issue throughout the week, it has been determined this is a BUG-000164046 when working with map services.  There are a few workarounds:

• Utilize Map Viewer Classic to configure pop-ups.
  • Add the individual feature layers of the map service to Map Viewer <serviceURL>/MapServer/0 rather than <serviceURL>/MapServer.
  • Publish as a hosted feature layer and manage layer properties in Map Viewer.
  • If the pop-ups have not been enabled in the map service, they will not display in FieldMaps; however, once enabled in the map, they will always be on in FieldMaps and cannot be turned off despite the map settings.  You can remove and reload the original services in the map but lose any other configurations.
0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Has anyone heard of a permanent resolution or is there an official BUG ID for this?  Using Map Viewer Classic is starting to result in a loss of functionality and an inability to leverage the new Map Viewer in FieldMaps. 

Also, I am not seeing the referenced "disconnect layer properties" under the Layer > Properties > Info, as noted in @ajevans429' s post.  We are using Map Services so may account for the missing option.

RamonWilliams
New Contributor III

I have a feature service that I have created is has 75 layers and I am configuring the pops to view two of the fields numbers as 8 digits after the decimal point.  but i have 3300 views that are created from the service all the views do not updated without doing it manually as far as the two fields that I configured.  is there anway to update them views programmatically with the updated fields showing the 8 digits after the decimal

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

@RamonWilliams

I recommend creating a new post in the appropriate category rather than replying to an existing answered thread that is not related.  I was going to move your reply, but it was unclear what category you wanted based on the context of your post and that you posted in ArcGIS Field Maps Questions.

MattyMaps
New Contributor III

This is still a issue in 2024