Offline Map Area recreation issues

06-06-2022 09:44 PM
JordanFuhrmann
New Contributor III

When trying to recreate an offline area, on occasion the package will fail. 

Instead of saying "Failed" and allowing me to retry, the offline area sometimes stays in a perpetual state of "packaging". This means that the area has to be deleted and a new area added - very problematic when you have a large team using these offline maps, resulting in them having to delete and redownload map areas. 

For reference;

- The initial "Creation" of the offline area works without issue

- The area will often have no issue being "Updated" or "Recreated" multiple times

- It's an isolated and seemingly random problem, with other offline map areas in the same map set updating/recreating as required

Has anyone else experienced with this issue?

3 Replies
gradstudent527
New Contributor II

I'm not sure if this will help but for starters I assume you are creating the offline areas on the desktop fieldmaps? If so my only suggestion would be to reduce the area or level of detail the most you can or even try to change from a satellite/imagery to topographic or street map if possible.

The only issue I could see would be having too many offline areas for one map set. Could you create a new map add the feature layers you are using and limit the number of offline areas?

JordanFuhrmann
New Contributor III

Hi @gradstudent527, I wish it was that simple.

It has nothing to do with package size - In some instances the areas are very small and have a grey background (less than 100MB).

I also don't see how the number of map areas could cause issue? I often have dozens of areas on a single map, the error is as frequent as when a map has only 2 or 3. Why do you think this would be an issue? If there is something you believe is underlying, I'll look into it. 

0 Kudos
gradstudent527
New Contributor II

No underlying issue just assuming the more things that can go wrong will. Sorry not much of a help

0 Kudos