Select to view content in your preferred language

offline areas number limit

Jump to solution
11-16-2022 07:16 AM
Polesig
Regular Contributor

Hi,

There was a limit of 16 offline areas per map back in Collector days.

Does the same limit applies for Field Maps offline areas ? I searched many docs but couldn't find it.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielMiranda2
Regular Contributor

This document mentions the 16 offline areas limit: Take web maps offline—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation. Look in the "Create an offline map area" section. 

"Create an offline map area

You can create up to 16 offline map areas for a web map. The number of offline map areas you create depends on the needs of your organization and its mobile workers."

The document covers Field Maps and other apps that can take maps offline. It seems the limit is specific to web maps and not the apps that take them offline.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanielMiranda2
Regular Contributor

This document mentions the 16 offline areas limit: Take web maps offline—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation. Look in the "Create an offline map area" section. 

"Create an offline map area

You can create up to 16 offline map areas for a web map. The number of offline map areas you create depends on the needs of your organization and its mobile workers."

The document covers Field Maps and other apps that can take maps offline. It seems the limit is specific to web maps and not the apps that take them offline.

0 Kudos
Polesig
Regular Contributor

Thanks a lot, I was looking in Field Maps documentation... clear to me now. I succeeded creating more than 16 offline areas in Field Maps on my phone.

0 Kudos
DanielMiranda2
Regular Contributor

Yes, I think there is no limit to user created offline areas from the Field Maps app. The 16 refers to creating predefined offline map areas.

0 Kudos