App crashes on point collection

11-14-2022 10:52 AM
ccowin_odfw
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I had a user report that he couldn't download an offline area. I jumped into the Field Maps web app and noticed the base map was depreciated and was causing some issues. So I removed and replaced it in the web map and was then able to download the map but now when I try and collect a test point the app just crashes completely.

I've tried removing layers one by one from the web map, but it is still crashing. I inherited this project so really don't want to have to recreate everything as I don't really know how it was done and fear it might be opening a can of worms that I don't know how to deal with.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We're seeing the same issue with the latest version 22.4.0 on Android. With iOS it's working fine on both an iPhone and iPad. 

0 Kudos
ccowin_odfw
Occasional Contributor

It seems to be the opposite for me, Android was working fine and iOS is what is crashing.

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi @ccowin_odfw and @Anonymous User 

Thank you for reporting this behavior. Would either of you be able to share data with us to reproduce the behavior on our end?

If so, could you please share the map/services with the `ArcGISFieldMaps` user account in ArcGIS Online along with some repro steps.

Also, just for clarification, you were not seeing this crash using the same data and workflow prior to the 22.4.0 release?

Thank you very much. 

0 Kudos
ccowin_odfw
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, I can't share directly as it is protected data, and would need to have a data-sharing agreement in place. Will try and recreate the environment with unprotected data.

This crash is happening on both 22.4.0 and the previous version for me, but only today. I tested this with another user last week and it was working fine and the crash has only occurred on iOS.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@KevinBurke we've only got a Prod version of these maps/services. I've attached a log file (user details replaced with XYZ) taken after two crashes.

Same workflow was working fine with prior version of Field Maps. Repo steps are simple, once a user taps the + button, picks the layer they wish to add data to, and then taps Add Point the app crashes.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ccowin_odfw
Occasional Contributor

Mine is slightly different, when I click the "+" it opens the pullup to select an animal but then freezes and eventually crashes.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ccowin_odfw would be interesting to know if the log is showing a similar behaviour. You can turn on logging by tapping the Profile icon at the top of the Maps page, scroll to Troubleshooting and enable Logging. Carry out the test again and then go back to the same location to View Logs. From the top of that , there's the share icon for emailing etc.

0 Kudos
ccowin_odfw
Occasional Contributor

@Anonymous User find that log attached. I was curious if your feature service is hosted or if it is on an ArcGIS Server instance. Mine is on the latter with the associated username/password and when I tried to recreate the environment for Kevin it worked fine without the username/password so thought that might be it. 

@KevinBurke Tried to recreate the environment but when testing it there was unfortunately no crash. Let me know if I can provide anything else that useful. The testing environment is shared with the user you mentioned. Please also find my log attached.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ccowin_odfw thanks, the log looks quite different. For us feature services are all hosted on ArcGIS Online. I'm not actually using an offline map as when I try to download one the download fails. That was a fairly large one so I'm trying again with a much smaller area - related issue for large offline downloads failing is here Issues creating offline areas since the November update