Select to view content in your preferred language

Offline areas keep failing

12-26-2023 06:48 PM
RemWilson
New Contributor II

I'm having trouble getting map areas to package for offline use in Field Maps. I've uploaded a series of blank datasets and some datasets that have features, and one that has two related tables. All the layers are published to the same organization with the same privileges and settings required for offline use, but no matter if I use Field Maps or the AGOL tool to try and create an offline area, it always fails.

I previously thought it was some rouge errors or data, but I've removed every layer one by one and it only packages once all the layers are removed and the ESRI basemap is all that's left.

I'm at a loss as to why this is still failing to create offline areas with feature datasets.

2 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Are you able to share the error log from field maps to help troubleshoot?

Some things off the top of my head that are good to check: the map must have at least one editable layer, the layers must have sync enabled (even if they aren't editable), and you can't have duplicate layers in the web map. 

Other than that, hard to help more without the error logs...

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

I have had issues in the past trying to create offline areas with blank datasets.

If by blank, you mean empty, try adding at least one 'dummy' feature to each featureclass, and save before trying to create offline areas.

R_

0 Kudos