Select to view content in your preferred language

Arcade Function only available in Field Calculator

08-03-2023 01:28 PM
Labels (1)
ccowin_odfw
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I had a user that was attempting to follow this workflow: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/visualize-your-attachments-in-arcgis...

In the workflow you use the field calculator to generate a value for the row of how many attachments it has and base your symbology on that row. However you can't use arcade on features that use Sync or Editor Tracking which are both required features of this system as folks are in remote places and need offline areas.

I was wondering if anyone had a workaround to use the Attatchments function within the symbology expression? It is currently not recognized as a valid function.

There also appears to be a joined tabled that says how many attachments there are for each row. I assume that is just something done by field maps automatically. Unfortunately that field is not selectable within the symbology settings. Is there a way to access that table with an expression? To me that makes the most sense because it would update itself whenever someone was looking at the data and the field calculator wouldnt have to be rerun.

0 Replies