Select to view content in your preferred language

Changed the text of subtypes in Map Viewer properites, but subtype names won't change in Field Maps

12-19-2023 03:04 PM
ChristineTombleson1
Occasional Contributor

Hi -  I created a table for Shoreline Treatment Types in ArcGIS Pro using SubTypes. This layer was part of my published hosted feature layer used for my Field Maps App.  Now, I need to change the names of these subtypes.  In Map Viewer, I changed the name, symbol type, and color in the Properties for each type in the layer.  In Field Maps, the symbol and the color of the types changed as I revised them in the Map Viewer, but the names did not. 

I hope I don't have to go back into ArcGIS Pro to change the name of the subtypes and republish the feature layer. I have done so much formatting on this field map app and don't want to redo everything. I hope there is a solution in Map Viewer, please!  Thank you for any assistance!  

Map Viewer Properties below                               In Field Maps below, the names have not changed (but the symbols and colors did).

ChristineTombleson1_0-1703026403572.pngChristineTombleson1_2-1703026702575.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
jyh
by
New Contributor II

I've run into the same problem today, but don't have any good news.  I checked to see if subtypes can be altered through the item details tabs for fields and visualization, but the only thing you can do is change labels and aliases.  But in some cases, the web map displays the underlying subtype instead.  I also added the layer to a Pro map, but it doesn't even show the subtypes or allow some changes that you can do with a geodatabase.  I've made the changes in the original FGDB, but can't republish because that would wipe a a lot of field data.  At some point, I'll have to close edits in the current layer and publish a new version.  And make the maps.

0 Kudos