Select to view content in your preferred language

Offline Map Area Not Showing Up

Jump to solution
12-19-2023 11:30 AM
AnnieHall
New Contributor II

I work within an organizational account and I have created a map on ArcGIS Online for multiple colleagues to use. The map is most applicable to be used offline, and I created an offline map area using the Field Maps web browser. When I log onto Field Maps mobile app, I can see the offline area and download it. However, when signed in as a member that I have shared the map with, Field Maps mobile app shows there is an offline area for the map, but when clicking on it to show the offline area to download, nothing shows up.

Is this a glitch or an issue with the shared offline map not being accessible to other users?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnnieHall
New Contributor II

Thanks for the tips on a workaround. After some troubleshooting, I actually figured out the issue I was having. It was a permissions issue with other users not being able to view the modified basemap used on the map. They got added to the group sharing and then the web created offline map loaded on the mobile device.

I found out that the Imagery basemap has issues with packaging offline, so my IT staff made a feature layer I can use as a basemap. That allowed the map area to package offline through the web browser.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

Hi Annie,

I'm sorry you are having an issue with ArcGIS Field Maps. I do have some questions for you.

• What mobile device are you using (make and model) when you see this issue?
  • What version of ArcGIS Field Maps are you using on your device?
  • Have you tried to download the map on any other devices? 
  • Can you give a little more detail on what happens when you try to download. You had said, nothing shows up, does that mean the offline area is not shown? Does the progress indicator not show? Any additional details you could give would be helpful.

Thank you,

Kerri

0 Kudos
AnnieHall
New Contributor II

Hi Kerri,

• The mobile device is the 2021 iPad Pro
  • The Feild Maps version I have is 23.3.0
  • I have tried to download it on two different iPad Pros (same make)
  • Yes. To clarify, when signed into a user's account that I have shared the map with, the offline area does not show up in Field Maps. The below picture is an example of what I see when logged onto any user's account that I have shared the map with. Upon tapping the map to show the offline map area (as the bulleted direction below says), the map area does not appear, and I only see the online map. The below picture was pulled from an Ersi Resources page: Download maps—ArcGIS Field Maps | DocumentatioScreenshot 2023-12-19 132954.png
0 Kudos
hherrmann_coj
Occasional Contributor

Hi Annie,

Not sure if it'll help but I have had issues accessing web downloaded offline maps ever since it has been an option. 

We have field workers that go out and GPS utility data on our TDC600 units but anytime there has been a new user added, we have had to be on our network, logged in as them, and then download the offline map directly to the devices from the mobile version of Field Maps.  They have all been able to successfully access their version of the offline map after downloading while under their profile and on a network.

I feel that the web download offline maps option has been quirky/clunky since first introduced.  

I hope this helps as a possible workaround.

AnnieHall
New Contributor II

Thanks for the tips on a workaround. After some troubleshooting, I actually figured out the issue I was having. It was a permissions issue with other users not being able to view the modified basemap used on the map. They got added to the group sharing and then the web created offline map loaded on the mobile device.

I found out that the Imagery basemap has issues with packaging offline, so my IT staff made a feature layer I can use as a basemap. That allowed the map area to package offline through the web browser.  

KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

Hi Annie,

I'm so glad you were able to figure out the issue. Happy mapping!

Thank you,

Kerri

0 Kudos