Map Viewer Beta support in Field Maps & Collector Offline

Jump to solution
11-26-2020 02:16 AM
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

I'd like to know what features from the Map Viewer Beta in AGOL (and enterprise 10.8.1 (optional install)) aren't supported in Field Maps and Collector offline?

Is there an article listing the supported capabilities, and am I right in thinking that there will be no further development on collector to support future map viewer capabilities, given the Field Maps roadmap?

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brooks,

You are correct that there will be no new future development within Collector. That goes for map viewer capabilities and any other enhancements. Our focus is on advancing data collection enhancements within ArcGIS Field Maps. 

We are working closely with the team building the Map Viewer beta and you've probably noticed already that the new smart forms you create within the Field Maps web app are supported in both the mobile app but also in the map viewer beta as well. We are also supporting group layers in Field Maps as well.

Perhaps the biggest feature that is not yet supported in Field Maps yet are pop-up elements. This functionality is not yet available in the underlying ArcGIS Runtime SDKs that are used by Field Maps but once they are addressed then we will add support. 

We have not documented capabilities within Map Viewer beta that are not supported in Field Maps yet. This is a great idea and would be quite useful. I'll share this with our doc team. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brooks,

You are correct that there will be no new future development within Collector. That goes for map viewer capabilities and any other enhancements. Our focus is on advancing data collection enhancements within ArcGIS Field Maps. 

We are working closely with the team building the Map Viewer beta and you've probably noticed already that the new smart forms you create within the Field Maps web app are supported in both the mobile app but also in the map viewer beta as well. We are also supporting group layers in Field Maps as well.

Perhaps the biggest feature that is not yet supported in Field Maps yet are pop-up elements. This functionality is not yet available in the underlying ArcGIS Runtime SDKs that are used by Field Maps but once they are addressed then we will add support. 

We have not documented capabilities within Map Viewer beta that are not supported in Field Maps yet. This is a great idea and would be quite useful. I'll share this with our doc team. 

David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks that's a really helpful response. And good to hear where the development focus is. 

David
..Maps with no limits..