Map Changes Not Carrying Through to Field Maps

Jump to solution
05-12-2021 06:14 AM
AnneSanta_Maria1
New Contributor III

Is it normal for field maps to reset, or not respect changes that have been made to the map the field map is based on? We are working from an enterprise environment (10.8.1) and have services published to portal. I have created a web map and have editable layers in the map. I have set up a form in field maps with all of my questions ordered, grouped, and rephrased. I have made changes to the online map requested by end users. Then I return to field maps and open that map. When I review the form for items in that map everything has been reset and the changes and form set up are no longer shown. I have to recreate everything. Is this an expected pro

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

I'm guessing you are making changes to your maps in the standard/classic map viewer? This is a known issue with Enterprise as mentioned here in the documentation.

You can either try making your changes in Map Viewer Beta (which doesn't necessarily have all the functionality as classic) or try to leave your form configuration to the very last step once you're happy with the map settings (easier said than done I know because there will always be just one more tweak!).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @AnneSanta_Maria1 

At 10.8.1 and 10.9 the Map Viewer (classic) does not persist the form if you save the map using it. You need to use the New Map Viewer (Beta) in order for the changes to be maintained. Which map viewer are you using to make changes?

FYI for the Spring 2021 release of AGOL, Map Viewer classic does persist the form. This change will go into Enterprise 10.9.1.

AnneSanta_Maria1
New Contributor III

Perfect! I will switch over to map viewer beta! I was using the wrong map viewer. 

0 Kudos
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

I'm guessing you are making changes to your maps in the standard/classic map viewer? This is a known issue with Enterprise as mentioned here in the documentation.

You can either try making your changes in Map Viewer Beta (which doesn't necessarily have all the functionality as classic) or try to leave your form configuration to the very last step once you're happy with the map settings (easier said than done I know because there will always be just one more tweak!).

0 Kudos