Issues packaging areas for offline map

789
4
Jump to solution
05-10-2021 06:10 PM
Strahanjen
Occasional Contributor

I've been struggling most of the day to create areas for offline use. I wonder if someone can help me figure out how I can get offline areas working. Here are the steps I followed: 

1. I created two different views of a hosted feature layer with different filters for each

2. I made sure that Sync is enabled for both layers. 

3. I added both layers to a new web map.

4. I went to the settings of the web map and enabled offline mode

5. I opened the Manage Areas section and added a new area. To test, I drew a rectangle that was less than 1 square mile and specified zoom levels from state to cities. Packaging has been running for over an hour now.

Earlier I tried with the hosted layer instead of the layer view and got packaging failed messages. 

Can someone tell me where to find error messages so that I can determine why packaging failed?  Any other tips? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kjohnfs
New Contributor II

I had this same issue. The feature layer I uploaded had an identical name to a previously deleted file, and was taking hours to package before failing.

Esri wasn't able to figure out the problem but I think my layer was corrupted from file name overlapping. When I reuploaded the same file with a different name it worked fine.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just a guess, perhaps hosted layer views are not yet supported?

Also, in Chrome hit F12 to open the developer tools and look for an error message when the packages fails.

0 Kudos
Strahanjen
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the tip to check developer tools for the error message when the package fails. I hadn't thought of the error showing up there!

0 Kudos
kjohnfs
New Contributor II

I had this same issue. The feature layer I uploaded had an identical name to a previously deleted file, and was taking hours to package before failing.

Esri wasn't able to figure out the problem but I think my layer was corrupted from file name overlapping. When I reuploaded the same file with a different name it worked fine.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos
Strahanjen
Occasional Contributor

Interesting, this might have been my issue. Oddly, late last night it just starting working again, though I'm not sure if that has to do with the fact that I started fresh with newly named layers, or if something else changed. 

0 Kudos