Limit number of data collected by each field map worker

03-26-2022 10:29 AM
armitakar1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am designing a mobility survey where users will take images and assign ratings on some parameters using Field map mobile app forms. We need 40 observations per user. I was wondering if there is any way to notify the users when they reach this limit.

I tried to label each point feature by ObjectIDs so that users know the count each time they provide a new observation. This one doesn't work well because all observations are being stored in the same point layer, so the ObjectID does not indicate the total number of observations collected by the respective user.

I also tried to assign unique observation IDs for each user using calculated expressions. Every time I add any expression, the mobile app doesn't show the form. It says: "the form contains unsupported data".

I would appreciate some suggestions on how to do this. I'm new to this community. Perhaps, there is a more straightforward solution to this problem that I don't know of.

Thanks so much!

Armita

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Does each record have the user name in it?  If so you could use FeatureSet in a popup to tell them how many they have done and warn them.

I use this to report missing forms.

Using Arcade to give warnings for missing data.JPG

Not Sampled {expression/expr32}
var EvaluationID = Concatenate($feature.PointID, "_", text($feature.FieldEvalDate, "Y-MM-DD"))
var sql = "EvaluationID = '" + EvaluationID + "'";
var tbl = Filter(FeatureSetByName($map,"Not Sampled", ['EvaluationID'], false), sql);
return count(tbl)

Hope that helps

armitakar1
New Contributor II

Hi Doug,

Thanks so much for your response. Yes, that helped a lot. I was able to provide a total count of responses and a confirmation of form completion in a pop-up.

The issue is that users have to click on each of the point feature to check out its respective pop-up bar. Is there any option to make the pop-ups appear all time, specially for the incomplete point features?

Thanks,

Armita

0 Kudos
armitakar1
New Contributor II

I tried to symbolize the points based on a unique ImageID, but adding a new expression gives me the following error:

armitakar1_0-1648523508193.png

Same goes for checking data completeness. The following expression gives me an attachment error:

armitakar1_1-1648523702420.png

Both of these expressions work fine in the pop-up.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You cannot symbolize on an arcade which is a major bummer but it would be slow.  I would check out Ops Dashboard.  Esp look at Data Expressions if you want a list.  hope that helps

0 Kudos