Layers unable to load in Field Maps

09-09-2021 02:04 AM
HenrietteSkov
New Contributor II

I am doing a little testing of switching from Collector to Field Maps. Some of the layers in the maps are unable to be loaded in Field Maps, but it shows up fine in Collector

The error code I get is:

Domain: com.arcgis.runtime.error

Code:3017

Description: Geodatabase field not found

I've searched for a solution and came across another post regarding the same issue, but the solution doesn't work for me: He had to make sure to have the SHAPE Field visible before publishing the service

I've checked and the SHAPE Field is visible in the layers that are unable to load

Any suggestions to what else could cause the error?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
nspittlemeister_LCFPD
Occasional Contributor

@HenrietteSkov I am receiving the same error as you in Field Maps. I have a feature layer with a definition query on a field that is joined from a table in the same service. This works fine in ArcGIS Collector but not in Field Maps. All the fields in my service are visible, so the solution you mentioned did not work for me as well. Have you found any solutions to this issue in Field Maps?

0 Kudos
nspittlemeister_LCFPD
Occasional Contributor

@HenrietteSkov I am working with tech support regarding my issue with Field Maps detailed above and the support analyst notified be that there a bug logged for a workflow with this Error message. See info below. Hope this might be helpful to you, even thought there isn't another workaround, other than to continue using Collector.

#BUG-000139943 In ArcGIS Field Maps, hosted feature layer fails to load when subtypes are added in ArcGIS Pro

New 

Status

Medium

Severity

5/17/2021

Submitted

ArcGIS Field Maps

Product

Version

Last Version Reproduced

Apple iOS

OS Name

8.0x

OS Version

English - United States - (en-US)

OS Locale
0 Kudos
OscarFigueroaOD
New Contributor II

Hi

Was there a solution or workaround to this bug.  We are still having the same issue.

Thanks

IMG_1967.jpg

0 Kudos
nspittlemeister_LCFPD
Occasional Contributor

Doesn't seem like the same error that I had at the time. In the case that I had open the layer would not load in Field Maps. It looks like the layer loaded okay with you, but is unable to submit. And anyways, it turned out the bug I listed did not have anything to do with layer loading issue at the time.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Nick

0 Kudos
TimNilsson
New Contributor III

@nspittlemeister_LCFPDDid you find a solution to your problem? Im having a similar problem.

0 Kudos
nspittlemeister_LCFPD
Occasional Contributor

No, not really. We went a different direction and now have database extracts for the layer instead of a join. 

0 Kudos
RebekahLindborg
New Contributor

Hi! I, too, have had my join feature layers have loading issues on my FieldMaps. The join feature symbology would only appear after I reload my map, rather than on-the-fly. Can you tell me more about your workaround using database extracts for the layer instead of a join? 😃

0 Kudos