Select to view content in your preferred language

Layer failed to Load IOS iphone Field Maps

11-02-2023 02:27 PM
Ashley_Smith_89
Emerging Contributor

I have been running field maps on iphone and androids for the past year now, with data added every month. 

However since the October update there have been a couple of layers that have failed to load on iphone users. I works fine on android phone.

Do you know what causes this issue?

I also find that when I overwrite a layer that is already in Field Maps, iphone user then don't have the ability to edit this layer (android users can though). My work around has been to add the layer again and reconfigure the forms, which is some what time consuming.

Do you know what causes this issue?

Kind Regards

Ash

3 Replies
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @Ashley_Smith_89 

Have you tried to use this layer on its own outside of other layers and projects?

If you do not have any forms with the layer does this make a difference to how the layer loads on iOS?

Can you see, edit and access the map outside of Field Maps, ie. in the map viewer?

Have you tried to republish the layer to see if this makes a difference?

Thanks 
Dan

0 Kudos
andreoudi
Occasional Contributor

Hi!

I have the same issue. I have been using Field Maps for a couple of years now. The last few days I noticed that one of my layers will not load on my ios device. It loads without problems on android. The feature works fine on map viewer and on the application (web app builder). I have tried and republished the layer several times. When I republish the layer it loads in Field Maps, but as soon as I make a change in the web map or if I click on "update" in Field Maps it fails to draw.

0 Kudos
ScottTometich1
Emerging Contributor

We are having very similar symptoms to what you described only it's a third party asset management app.  The android app pulls the maps/layers in just fine, but the iOS app does not.  Basemaps from ESRI also work fine.  Go figure.  Did you ever find the culprit?

0 Kudos