Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there a way to access GPS metadata in Field Maps in a user-defined field?

Jump to solution
04-11-2023 09:21 AM
lhendricks
Emerging Contributor

I'm using Field Maps to build a tool for collecting data that will ultimately be uploaded to a national database for reporting purposes. The national database has very specific fields required and I'm aiming to minimize the amount of post-processing needed before submission. Is there a way to get GPS related metadata (specifically GPS horizontal accuracy) into a field I have created (with a specific name), so there is no need to rename and delete fields later?

My layer is already enabled for GPS data collection and includes all of the fields created in that process. I've tried using a calculated expression with Smart Forms in the Field Maps Designer (e.g., Return $feature.ESRIGNSS_H_RMS), but in testing I'm finding that the field I have that expression in is still blank with test points (though the GPS data is being collected in the GPS metadata fields). 

I'm currently using the Field Maps Designer in AGOL, but I also have access to ArcGIS Pro 3.1 (and the feature layer I'm using was originally build in ArcGIS Pro and then shared as a web layer). 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sean_Haile
Occasional Contributor

I've had success doing this using When(), since the GNSS metadata field may come from different fields depending on if averaging is being used or not.... and if neither are populated then it just returns zero.

When($feature.ESRIGNSS_AVG_H_RMS > 0,$feature.ESRIGNSS_AVG_H_RMS, $feature.ESRIGNSS_H_RMS > 0, $feature.ESRIGNSS_H_RMS, 0)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sean_Haile
Occasional Contributor

I've had success doing this using When(), since the GNSS metadata field may come from different fields depending on if averaging is being used or not.... and if neither are populated then it just returns zero.

When($feature.ESRIGNSS_AVG_H_RMS > 0,$feature.ESRIGNSS_AVG_H_RMS, $feature.ESRIGNSS_H_RMS > 0, $feature.ESRIGNSS_H_RMS, 0)

0 Kudos
lhendricks
Emerging Contributor

That seems to be working now - thank you for your response! I'm still getting the hang of Arcade, so perhaps there was something wrong with my syntax. 

0 Kudos
SaratogaPLAN
Emerging Contributor

Sean,

Can you help me with a question about Field Maps? Is it possible to access the resulting points/vertices from streaming a line?  I want to assess the horizontal accuracy of the points; which ones to use and which to discard.
Thanks.

Stewart

0 Kudos
ZachEdwards_WDSGIS
Occasional Contributor

You should be able to run the feature vertices to points tool in ArcGIS pro on the feature layer itself. Regarding the GPS/GNSS metadata, you may have to get creative here. Even if GPS metadata has been enabled pre-field, it is tied to each feature so if it's a line, there is likely a average accuracy per line feature. I don't believe you can get the vertex HRMS/VRMS information unless you explicitly collect points. Perhaps you can build an Arcade script to get this? 

0 Kudos